The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has published its annual report of the top 10 reasons why people fail their driving test. The first five are all ‘non-movers’ from 2018!
- Poor observations at junctions
- Poor/no mirror use when changing direction
- Lack of steering control
- Poor judgment when turning right at a junction
- Failure to move off safely – usually this means no blind spot check done when there is a car approaching from behind.
The other 5 are all the same as last year, just in a different order!
6. Response to traffic lights – up 2 from 8 last year!
7. Poor/lack of control when moving off – another non-mover from last year.
8. Poor/wrong position in normal driving – down two from 6.
9.Response to road signs and road markings – up one from 10.
10. Lack of control in reverse parking – down one from 9.
If you look at our blog post from last year you will see a more detailed analysis of why these items produce most test fails. I wonder if anything new will break into the top 10 next year?!
Below is our post from last year which goes into a lot more detail of each individual reason. You obviously need to make sure you concentrate on all areas to be confident as you go in for your practical driving test. It is worth making particular note of these 10 reasons to give yourself the best possible chance of success!
Lessons with Training Wheelz will cover every aspect of the driving test so you will always be fully prepared. If you are looking to book lessons we would be delighted to hear from you – just go to the relevant area in the ‘areas covered’ section. We look forward to hearing from you and helping on the road to your freedom and independence! https://www.trainingwheelz.co.uk/areas-covered/